WE ‘STILL‘ DO: CELEBRATION
In honor of National Marriage Week, OLG invited couples who have been married in the Catholic Church to Renew their Wedding Vows on February 11 at 7 PM. Friends and family may come to show support. A special toast with sweets in the hall afterward.
Here is a photo from the 2022 event
Come & Experience Jesus’s Love – Renew Your Wedding Vows in Christ.
The sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, and the voices of those who bring thank offerings to the house of the Lord, saying,
“Give thanks to the Lord Almighty,
for the Lord is good;
his love endures forever.” Jeremiah 33:11
National Marriage Week – February 7-14
The observances of National Marriage Week (February 7-14) and World Marriage Day (Sunday, February 13) provide married couples an opportunity to focus on building a culture of life and love that begins with supporting and promoting marriage and the family.
Below are some resources to build up your marriage all year long:
- Listen to Marriage Unique for a Reason’s Made for Love Podcast, which tells the stories of real people living out the call to love. Here are some of our favorites episodes on marriage:
- Episode 6: Real Marriage vs. the Ideal
- Episode 10: Men & Women: Not Two Halves, but Two Wholes
- Episode 51: Engagement: Planning a Wedding or a Marriage?
- Take a look at our Daily Marriage Tips. Maybe you’ll find a new idea to strengthen your relationship.
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter, provides numerous resources for celebrating World Marriage Day.
- National Marriage Week offers helpful ideas for building up your own marriage, recommended reading, supporting marriage in the community, and much more. There’s also a listing of marriage-building events throughout the country.