OLG is moving away from the traditional “Confirmation Program” model and working to create a youth ministry where teens, throughout their entire high school experience, can have their spiritual needs met through small discipleship groups led by Spiritual Mentors to help guide each individual to explore who God really is, grow in their faith, and discern their true calling in life.
G.Y.M. is a teen discipleship ministry designed to help those in High School DISCOVER the teaching of Jesus Christ, FOLLOW His way, and SHARE their faith with others.
DISCOVER provides small discipleship groups that meet on Sunday mornings or late afternoons, as well as many other events focused on growing in our faith, exploring what it means to be a Christian, serving those around us, and building community & long-lasting friendships. DISCOVER Registration
FOLLOW (Open to teens after completing Discover year) – Learning to live as Jesus lived, exploring what it means to be Christian, & studying the Church’s core teachings. FOLLOW Registration
SHARE (Open to Confirmed HS teen) Discerning God’s call in our life, applying Biblical principles to our everyday lives, and practicing living a life of virtue. Sharing the Love of Christ with others around us! SHARE Registration
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the parish office at 310-372-7077.
G.Y.M. 2022-2023 Calendars
Spiritual Workout Plan
The Guadalupe Youth Ministry (GYM) meeting the spiritual needs of all high school students in our community hoping to grow in their relationship with Jesus.
1. Weekly Discipleship Groups – Each teen will have the opportunity to join a small group of 6-8 led by a Spiritual Mentor who will walk with them on their journey to grow in relationship with God through three discipleship stages – Discover, Follow, & Share:
✔️ Discover (Open to all) – Exploring the big questions of Life, who is Jesus, and why the Church matters including Alpha in the Fall that Parents are expected to join
✔️ Follow (Open to teens after completing first year) – Learning to live as Jesus lived, exploring what it means to be Christian, & studying the Church’s core teachings
✔️ Share (Open to Confirmed HS teen) – Discerning God’s call in our life, applying Biblical principles to our everyday lives, and practicing living a life of virtue
Teens will join a discipleship group that meets after the 8 AM or 10 AM Sunday Mass, before the 6:30 Sunday Mass, or on Wednesday nights, and their Parents will have the opportunity to engage in a small group for parents at the same time.
2. Monthly GYM Night – All GYM members will attend & serve during the 6:30 Mass on the third Sunday of each month and join after Mass for a night of fun and fellowship.
3. Yearly Service Projects – A key aspect of living our faith is serving others in Jesus’s name. Each discipleship group will design & lead service events based on where they feel called to serve and invite the GYM community.
4. Spiritual Enrichment Experiences – Each teen will have the opportunity to participate in a series spiritual enrichment experiences including retreats, camps, LA Youth Day, lock-ins, and much more to break out of the normal routine of everyday life in order to have an authentic encounter with Jesus Christ.
Confirmation – The Sacrament of Confirmation will be available to any interested teen at the end of their second year of active participation in GYM including the Discover & Follow tracks of the Discipleship Group, Sunday Gym Nights, regularly Sunday Mass attendance, yearly service project, the Alpha & Confirmation Retreats, and a written & oral presentation of their personal testimony.
* We are here to meet the spiritual needs of all in our community and are willing to work with families to provide flexibility so all can participate & grow together in Christ.