“Let the word of Christ, rich as it is, dwell in you.” Colossians 3:16
Scripture Faith Sharing
If you feel called to know Christ better, consider joining OLG’s weekly Adult Bible Study every Tuesday, 7 – 8 p.m., via Zoom. We cover the upcoming Sunday Mass readings by understanding the historical context, followed by the reading, reflection, and discussion. This Scripture Faith Sharing is facilitated by Carlos Diaz, one of our long-time parishioners who completed his Master Catechist training and the 3-year certificate program from the Catholic Bible Institute.
Click here to provide your contact information and Carlos Diaz will gladly connect with you.
To let the Word of Christ dwell in you, practice the following:
• Devour God’s Word; let it become your happiness and joy (Jer 15:16).
• Study it daily (Acts 17:11) and allow it to burn in your heart (Lk 24:32).
• Savor God’s Word. Let it become to you more precious than riches and sweeter than honey (Ps 119:72, 103).
• Allow God’s Word to judge (Jn 12:48), pierce (Heb 4:12), and change you.
• Abide in God’s Word (Jn 8:31) and let it abide in you (Col 3:16). Spend your best time and your spare time in the Word.
• “Humbly welcome the word that has taken root in you, with its power to save you. Act on this word” (Jas 1:21-22).
• Let God’s Word fill your heart, mind, and soul to the point that your native language is Scripture (Ps 119:13; Lk 6:45).
• Teach the Word of God to others (2 Tm 4:2).
As St. Jerome famously said, “Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ.”