Please remember to keep a Mass Journal
As an ongoing activity, Jon asked you to keep a Mass Journal. Here’s his request:
- Please find a notepad, booklet, blank pages stapled together … to use as your Mass Journal.
- Even though we cannot go physically to the church, we want you to participate in Mass online. Livestreaming is best, but watching a recording of the current Sunday’s Mass is OK. Watch OLG Masses live or recorded here: https://ourladyofguadalupechurch.org/discipleship/live-stream-mass/
- In your journal, write down one or two things that caught your attention about the readings or what the priest said in his homily after the readings. What stuck in your head?
Each session, we will ask a few people to share what they journaled for each Sunday’s Mass
Discussion of the May 10 Gospel (http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051020.cfm)
Jesus says to the disciples: there are many dwelling places in my Father’s house. I am going there to prepare them for you. (He’s talking to us as well as the disciples. Jesus wants us to join him there too!)
Thomas asked: We do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?
Jesus responds: I am the way and the truth and the life.
For Next Time (May 26)
== We’ll start with each of us sharing on this question: What are three things you are happy about?
== We’ll have a few of you share what you wrote in your Mass Journal
TEN COMMANDMENTS To prepare for next session’s topic, Jon wants you to read this article https://lifeteen.com/blog/thou-shalt-not-have-fun/
Then write your reflections on what you got out of this article (about a half a page)
- What stuck out the most?
- What you agree and disagree with?
- What do you not understand?
Be prepared to share with the group your thoughts…