We are a praying community who wants to share your joy and burdens. Send us what is on your heart today. Should you have any prayer requests, would like to learn how to pray, or would like to pray with someone, please fill out this form, https://olg.breezechms.com/form/prayerrequest. You are not alone and remember, Jesus’ love for you never fails!
Matthew Kelly offers a clear process to forming a personalized prayer in his book, “I Heard God Laugh.”
- Gratitude: Begin by thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.
- Awareness: Revisit the times in the past twenty-four hours when you were and were not the best-version-of-yourself. Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from him.
- Significant Moments: Identify something you experienced today and explore what God might be trying to say to you through this event (or person).
- Peace: Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or him) and to fill you with at deep and abiding peace.
- Freedom: Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the-best-version-of-yourself.
- Others: Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.
- Finish by praying the Our Father.
Please contact the office if you want a copy of “I Heard God Laugh” by Matthew Kelly.
Another book Fr. Paul highly recommends for a more meaningful prayer experience is “Opening to God: A Guide to Prayer” by Thomas Green. Prayer Workshops led by Fr. Paul are available during the year for practical training to become better pray-ers. Stay tuned for the next Prayer Workshop.
God, through prayer, opens eyes, changes hearts, heals wounds, and grants wisdom (James 1:5)