May 19, 2015
Dear Lesly (and parents),
I hope that your school year is coming to a fruitful close and that you have great plans for the summer. I’m writing you about the status of your completing the requirements for Year 1 Confirmation preparation.
Unfortunately, you missed a significant number of faith sessions in the past year’s Confirmation preparation. Also, there may be other requirements that you still need to meet in order to reach good standing and continue as a Year 2 Confirmation candidate this September (please see the Progress Section at the bottom of this page).
You have the opportunity to get in good standing with your Year 1 Confirmation preparation. There are two things you need to do to accomplish this
- Complete any service projects that you still may need to meet the annual requirement. See the enclosed service encounter form. These are also available online at https://ourladyofguadalupechurch.org/confirmation-youth-downloads
- Attend any youth nights/events that you still may need to meet the annual requirement. See the Youth Ministry summer calendar at https://ourladyofguadalupechurch.org/confirmation-youth-downloads
- Complete the sessions listed below from the Decision Point Confirmation preparation program. These cover the topics that you missed in your absences.
Absences (dates/topics) for Lesly Perez:
|Saints and our Call to Holiness||10/26/14|
|Who is Jesus (Jesus is my Homie)||11/2/14|
|Old Testament/Scripture Part 1||1/18/15|
|Ten Commandments part 1||2/22/15|
|Ten Commandments part 2||3/22/15|
|Creed part 1||3/29/15|
|Creed part 2||4/12/15|
|Decision Point Sessions to make up for missed topics||Parent Signature|
Decision Point is available at http://dynamiccatholic.com/confirmation/view-program. Follow these instructions to complete a Decision Point session:
- Click on the session number at the web address above. This will have videos (top) and a workbook (bottom) for that session.
- Watch the video for each subsection (e.g., 1.1, 2.3 …) and then read that subsection in the workbook.
- Complete any worksheets for that subsection.
- When you are done with the session, have your mom or dad sign in the area above.
- When you are done with all the Decision Point Sessions, please return this page to Tom at the parish office.
Please complete these by August 21 (youth nights, service, Decision Point makeups …). If you prefer to repeat Year 1 Confirmation instead, please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Coordinator of Confirmation and Youth Ministry
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
[email protected], 310-372-7077 ext 226
Confirmation Preparation Requirements Progress
The 2014-2015 Confirmation sessions have ended! This letter is to let you know the progress your teen is making toward fulfilling the requirements for Confirmation preparation at OLG for this year.
Below are the OLG Confirmation preparation requirements as outlined at the September Confirmation Orientation and your teen’s progress toward fulfilling them as of May 15, 2015.
Year 1 Candidate: Perez, Lesly
No sponsor on record yet. Please select a sponsor and have the sponsor return the completed sponsor form to the parish office as soon as possible.
Confirmation Saint Name:
You have not chosen a Confirmation name. So one has been selected for you: John-Louis Loir
15 faith sharing sessions per year
Attended 7 of 15 sessions as of April 12
Has made up 0 of 8 missed session(s). Please make up the missed sessions by completing the Decision Point sessions listed above.
Offsite retreat experiences (One retreat for Year 1; two retreats for Year 2)
Attended the November 8 Fall Confirmation Retreat.
1 Confirmation Sponsor/Candidate mini-retreat/workshop per year (at OLG)
Attended the mini-retreat/workshop (in the Hall) for Candidates and Sponsors.
3 Youth Ministry nights per year
Attended 2 youth ministry night(s) as of as of May 15 (Need to attend 1 more!)
4 community service projects per year
Completed 0 of 4 required service projects for the 2014-2015 year
Please use the Service Encounter Form to let us know about any service your teen may have completed.
Annual “Safeguarding the Children” trainings, per Archdiocese requirements
Attended the required training 7:30-9:30pm on October 12, 2014.
Finally, it is very important that your teen continues to attend Mass every week, especially the teen Masses during his/her preparation for receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.